Saturday, December 31, 2005

Baby Noor and Overkill

I know I'm going to sound like a grinch again, but Baby Noor was not a good candidate for treatment in the U.S. Iraq is full of children who are going to die for want of ordinary medical treatment. How many millions of dollars will go into the effort to save Noor's life? She may die anyway. How many normal babies will die for want of the attention that the same money could have bought?

It would be worth the effort if it would fool the Iraqis into believing that we really care about them. I can't believe they're buying it. An awful lot of them died for lack of medical supplies during the period of sanctions. Unfortunately, I don't know where to find just what the Arabs think of this ploy, but I've checked three mideast news sites and can't find a word about this exciting event. I assume this means they aren't impressed with our benevolence.

We aren't going to win their hearts and minds this or any other way. Let's get out.

No comments: